Apple Device Enrollment Program for iPhones

ChrisTx's picture

ChrisTx

Your rating: None (2 votes)

Is anyone here using the new Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) for iPhones? I can see it being used for iPads since you can normally buy these direct from Apple however iPhones are a bit more challenging because I would think most enterprises buy the phones from their wireless provider. Can anyone please provide any insight they may have regarding DEP and iPhones? Thanks!

Eric B's picture

Eric B

DEP iPhones

Your rating: None

Hi,

From what I understand you cannot, at this time use the DEP program with iPhones. Even when ordered from Apple, which would also be different as normally they come from our provider. You can use configurator and an MDM. But, the last I heard no DEP.

Arun Nedunchezian's picture

Arun Nedunchezian

Work with Wireless Carrier

Chris,

I have not done this myself but depending on your company size you can work with wireless carrier to get the device serial number prior to shipping the device. Another way is to ship the device to your IT dept first so that you can set it up and then give it to the end user.

I'm also curious to know what you find out.

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

No carriers

At the moment, Apple has not opened the device enrollment program to carriers or to resellers it doesn't matter if you (the customer) has the serial numbers it only matters if Apple knows the serial numbers

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO

Arun Nedunchezian's picture

Arun Nedunchezian

Thanks for the clarification

Aaron, Thanks for clarifying this. Hope this change in the near future.