Apple ID AppleScript for Netherlands

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
jeffreyscholten's picture

jeffreyscholten

No votes yet

Hope someone can help and save me a lot of time Smile

We are enrolling 100-200 devices a month. We have to create the Apple ID's one by one. I have tried the Apple ID batch creator last year, but it didn't work with creating Apple ID's outside US. Recently I saw the 2.0 update and tried the script a few times, but every time a get an error. The script opens iTunes and tries to download iBooks, but I get the next error: splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes" Tried a few scripts, but I am not that technical to understand scripting.

So I hope someone can help me to create an working script to create Apple ID's in batch in the Netherlands iTunes Store. My gratitude will be great Party

Thanks a lot!

garrya100's picture

garrya100

Netherlands Version

Your rating: None

Hi Jeffery

If you're using Yosemite and iTunes, there is a Netherlands localisation in the universal version. The link is in the Yosemite and iTunes 12.0.1 thread. Follow the instructions in the script. If you're using Mavericks I can give you the previous version of the same

jeffreyscholten

Hi Garrya, Thanks for your

Hi Garrya,

Thanks for your reply!

I am currently using Mavericks again, because I had some issues with Yosemite. So if you have the previous version, that will be great!

Do you also know if I can use the standard English CSV file, because my system language and also the security questions are different.

Thanks Garrya!

garrya100's picture

garrya100

Netherlands Version

Hi Jeffery

You should be able to use the standard English CSV, I've used it for testing.

Here is the link to the Maverick Version

jeffreyscholten

I get the error unable to

I get the error unable to locate supported free button by its description. I can manually correct it, but I don't understand AppleScript well. If I press continue I get an error in the AppleScript.

See attached the screens of the errors.

What can I do to fix this issue?

Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 11.18.05.png

Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 11.18.59.png

jeffreyscholten

I am already a few steps

I am already a few steps further but now I'm stuck at the Fill In fields for the Apple ID. Tried to work it out, but I'm not familiar with AppleScript. I get the error Provide Apple ID details.

Is it because of the different language?

I made a few changes:

- Change my countrycode to NLD and translated a few elements and buttons.
- Changed curCheckBoxnum to 5
- Added € 0,00 Download, iBooks to the supportedFreeButtonDescriptions. iTunes couldn't find the download button before.
- Changed the curCheckBoxNum (translated the checkbox description)

The error I get
Error Apple ID details.png

Fill In Fields in Dutch
Apple ID fill in fields.png

The NLD script of have so far:
NLD - Apple ID script

garrya100's picture

garrya100

Errors et.al.

Hi Jeffery

Oh the joys of Apple script...

The error you are getting is because the elements on the page are in different locations to where the script is looking. I've tried to replicate the issue by telling my Mac it's in the Netherlands and use Dutch, but I can't get it to replicate the error....

Depending on how comfortable with coding...this is the tool I use to extract the locations of elements on the page.

If you can use it to modify your version have a go, otherwise run the script with each page active and then email the results back to me and I'll tidy it up.

Tool download

jeffreyscholten

He Garrya, Thanks for the

He Garrya,

Thanks for the tool and your help! Finally got the script successfully running. Big smile
Now I need the Apple ID Verification script working.

Do you know if it's possible that the script skips creating an Apple ID if its already active? Now the script stops when he tries to create an activated Apple ID, but I want to script go to the next line (Apple ID) from the CSV file.

Thanks again!

garrya100's picture

garrya100

Errors et.al.

Hi Jeffery

Glad to hear you have it running

If the ID exists the page will throw an error and the script will stall. It doesn't matter if it is activated or not. When I get around to it I might write a routine to detect it and end gracefully rather than just quit. I'm building in some other routines that do similar so it's easier for non-coders to understand what went wrong.

I haven't done any work on the activation script as I have a Google domain that behaves a little differently using a single sign on process. I might have a look at that a little later as well.

Can you also send me your working script so I can incorporate it into the universal code base?

Gerjan's picture

Gerjan

Hallo Jeffrey Ik loop tegen

Hallo Jeffrey

Ik loop tegen hetzelfde punt aan als wat jij beschrijft. Hoe heb je dit werkend gekregen?