Auto Verify Apple Accounts

s10xtremenlow's picture

s10xtremenlow

Your rating: None (2 votes)

I recently had to create 100 apple accounts and since someone created the batch apple ID creator, I figured I'd make an automatic verifier.

There are a few things to note here:

1. Must be run on Windows with .Net 4.0
2. Requires Exchange 2010 - I've posted the source too, so you can modify if needed)
3. Requires that you either know the username/password to the mailbox the apple ID was sent to, or have administrative privileges to log on to that account using your own credentials. Most domain admins do.

http://www.brandonclaps.com/?p=91

stoneacheck's picture

stoneacheck

Applescript of the same idea

Your rating: None

This script proved useful to us - it required some modifications to work in our environment of course, but for anyone who doesn't use Windows in their shop this works great - https://github.com/ntoqiakt/AppleID-Verification-AppleScirpt

colesy's picture

colesy

Max accounts you can verify with script?

Has anyone had luck running this script on more than 100 accounts at the time? It's run perfectly for me with 25-30 but I tried running it with just over 100 accounts and it either errors out "Out of memory at line: 1." or just hangs and crashes.

xengil's picture

If you could install node.js i can help you

That would be nice

duffjay's picture

duffjay

Any scripts for GAFE users?

So we use Google Apps For Education (GAFE) and I have created 650 new AppleIDs with Brandon Usher's amazing AppleScript.

I used Google Apps Manager (GAM) to turn off the reset password flag on the 650 new email accounts (I can't have all of them alias to one account because Google has a 30 aliases per account limit).

I used a macro (MacroToolWorks) to accept the Terms & Conditions on the emails. So now the accounts are all ready to be verified.

I found a project that is using Python to do - what sounds like - exactly what I need to do, at https://github.com/BadStreff/Apple-ID-Verifier but I'm not sure what the status of that project is. He hasn't documented it yet, and I can't figure out how to set the email server and user information. Heck - it may not even work with multiple email accounts.

Can anybody help a poor public school IT admin out?

Thanks!

- J.

duffjay's picture

duffjay

BadStreff's Python Script

The script I linked in my previous post works! He and I spent a few nights tweaking it to perfection! Well... as close to perfection as you can get, anyway.

The script does everything it should, but does crash from time to time. There is no logging to speak of, so when it crashes, you have to go into the Admin logs on Google, to see the last account that was verified.