Avoid second Apple ID login when supervising with apple configurator.

odaugaard's picture

odaugaard

Your rating: None (11 votes)

Hi,

I have iOS 9.3.1 on an iPad which I am supervising via Apple configurator. It is not DEP enrolled.

I am looking into the what the optimal enrollment flow might be when we need to deploy several hundreds. (If they are not DEP enrolled).

When executing the supervision proces via Apple Configurator 2 then it is activating the iOS devices with the apple ID I am currently logged on with in Configurator. Everything progresses as expected and I end up with a device supervised by my organisation.

However, I am forced to log in with my apple ID AFTER the actual activation. Am I doing something wrong or is the some way of skipping this step?

The purpose of supervising is to avoid no entering the organisation Apple ID several times, which works for activation but iOS still requires me to log in with an apple ID to access iCloud, iTunes, App Store etc.

jbourdon's picture

jbourdon

Are you adding apps when

Your rating: None

Are you adding apps when you're setting up these iPads? If so, VPP or just from a regular ID?

odaugaard's picture

odaugaard

No, I am not adding any apps.

Your rating: None (1 vote)

No, I am not adding any apps. Or configs or anything else for that matter.

Unless Apple Configurator 2 does something by deafult.

jbourdon's picture

jbourdon

When you're Preparing your

Your rating: None

When you're Preparing your devices you've unchecked the box for Apple ID?

Configurator_2_Skip_options.png

odaugaard's picture

odaugaard

That is kind of

Your rating: None (1 vote)

That is kind of embarrasing.

No i did not, that explains a lot. Thank you for your response and sorry for me being completely blind Smile