Cannot Continue past birthday verification page

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
jgrossman's picture

jgrossman

No votes yet

As my subject line shows, we are having difficulty progressing from the account creation page (where we have the email address, password, security questions, etc.) to the billing info page. After setting all the fields, my last item on the account creation page is to click Continue. I selected that it is going to load a new page so extra time should be alotted. Instead of then moving to the next page, selecting the title, and entering the name, address, and finally clicking the Create Apple ID, the program skips all of that and instead starts the process over. The result being that none of my Apple IDs are created.
I noticed the "known bug" about the dropdown box and I will try recreating the script and setting the Title field after the name and address are entered to see if that works.
Has anyone else experienced this? We have 900 iPads at our high school which are ready to have their IDs created and this is the last step.
Thanks

bvondeylen's picture

Ditto

Your rating: None

I am having the same issue, hoping to get this resolved quickly as we are approaching the beginning of school, and I have 4,000 accounts to create.

bvondeylen's picture

Works

After completing the "Verification" page, complete the AIDB process. The rest is apparantly done internally by AIDB. I did a test run with about 10 accounts, and everything worked. Kind of creepy seeing the program take over your computer filling out all the fields one by one.

I would definitely recommend breaking up your accounts into groups and maybe having several computers do this. It takes about 5 seconds to complete each account (we have a 1GB fiber connection to the internet so your speeds my be different).

But it works!!! Yippee!!!

jgrossman's picture

jgrossman

Update

After reading through some of the known bugs, I came across the one that mentioned that if the first UI operation on a page is a dropdown box, the program will glitch. It turns out that was my issue. The first field entered on the final page is the Title dropdown box. Instead of setting that, I first have it fill in the Text fields for the first and last name, street, city, and zip. Then I put in the commands for the Title and State dropdown boxes.
This has seemed to work so far and I am about 300 out of 900 names into our CSV files.
bvondeylen, I 100% agree with you on grouping them. I have grouped mine into CSV files by grade level which is about 200 students per file. We think this will also help us when it comes to logging in so that we haven't run too many ids that we can't verify them in time before the email expires.

Side note, we are managing all the email accounts through Google. We were able to create a single email address and set a rule for students in a group (call it AppleID) to automatically copy emails to our single account. This allows us to be logged into our master account and receive all the verification emails as opposed to logging into each student's account, or having them do it. Once a CSV file is finished creating all the accounts, we simply remove those students from the group and replace them with the next group of students.

it is VERY freaky to watch the AIDC just run and make all those ids. Extremely happy this works and thanks to everyone involved in developing it!

Jay Grossman
Chelsea School District

mcohen's picture

mcohen

I too have been bitten by

I too have been bitten by this bug. How then can one re-arrange the order in which the fields are populated (without having to start agin from scratch) ? I tried re-arranging the spreadsheet, to no avail, and can't determine where in the script the order of actions is.

Thanks.