Compare MAM

grimesdr's picture

grimesdr

No votes yet

How about adding a new category for MAM vendors?

SamSharma's picture

SamSharma

MAM

Your rating: None

MAM vendors may provide platforms for mobile app development but also focus on app delivery, ongoing management, and security. They can also connect companies throughout the U.S. or globally over WAN broadband optical links that interconnect MANs. In addition, these vendors are bringing fibre directly to customers within multitenant buildings by connecting to the building's vertical riser. Ethernet is the dominant access method, which enables multitenant building customers to connect directly to their building LAN.

Regards and Thanks,
Mobile device management

Broockie's picture

Broockie

Compare MAM

I guess that Grimsdr meant Mobile Application Management, in opposition to MDM (Mobile Device Management.

I don't understant what all the WAN/MAN/LAN things are doing in this thread ?

I do agree that a MAM section is good idea. MDM is switching to MAM and MAM is certainly the best approach for BYOD and Mobile Apps distribution.

Easy and Simple OTA distribution
Mobile App LifeCycle Management
Enterprise App Store

grimesdr's picture

grimesdr

Compare Mobile Application Management( MAM )

Yes that was my thoughts, over the last year or two, there has been a huge explosion of MAM providers, but not only are they providing a App container but if they are smart a secure email (ActiveSync) based App. Also some are doing their own SAAS management option, which begs the question if I have all of this in a secure container App then why do I need a pure MDM vendor that only wants to lock down my devices and force me to use native Apps.

Johnmela12's picture

Johnmela12

Consumer Reports Medical Alert Systems

MAM definitely covers a lot of industry providing us different systems which includes Push services, tracking & reporting, usage analytics, application wrapping, group & user access control and much more and more. What else you are hopping to add in it Smile
Life Line consumer reports medical alert systems