Link itunes apps in in-house apps catalog

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
mcbinome's picture

mcbinome

No votes yet

Hello everyone,

I would like to create an in house catalog with a native app for my enterprise with the app enterprise program. My main issue is to know if it is possible to link itunes apps directly in this store with the possibility to use redeem code without to have to go in the App store application.

The main idea is to ease installation of recommended apps (free or with redeem code). I saw that it was possible with the casper suite to do push-like installation but I wonder if it is possible to do something close directly from an in-house app catalog ?

In the same way if the first part is possible, I wonder if it is possible to update apps the same way without to have to go to the app store and put a password. Should it be possible to use the same redeem code to update the app ?

Thank you very much in any case.

Mc.

BTW this website is really great

Scoosh's picture

Scoosh

You can use a link like this

Your rating: None

You can use a link like this in your app. From iTunes, click on the disclosure triangle next to the price & Copy Link.
When you tap the link in your app, it will launch the App Store.
example link.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/keynote/id361285480?mt=8

I don't have a redemption link handy, but tapping that link will also launch the App Store.

Once you redeem a code, the App is is tied to the Apple ID & updates will occur the same way as paid or free apps.

There is no alternative mechanism to install an iOS app from the App Store.
You must launch the App Store & authenticate prior to any apps updating.

There are some instances (education) where the apps are installed on shared devices & apps cannot be updated because the iTunes Account password isn't shared.

it's worth submitting feedback to Apple either via http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html or http://bugreport.apple.com (requires a free developer account)

mcbinome's picture

mcbinome

Thanks for your answer. Using

Your rating: None

Thanks for your answer. Using a link to appstore is what I was thinking the only way to do it. Furthermore, I am in the education case where we cannot share the password. Apple is aware of the issue but actually we cannot do much but install application by ourselves.