New Batch Apple ID Creator BETA 1

swimmer10101's picture

swimmer10101

No votes yet

Good Morning!

Just wanted to start by saying thank you!
This new version is awesome!!!
i havent gotten it to work yet but it looks great is much easier to navigate!
i am receiving an issue when building the processScreen Shot 2013-04-25 at 8.53.35 AM.png

Thanks
Conor

Eight_Quarter_Bit's picture

Eight_Quarter_Bit

Ooh, bummer an unhandled

Your rating: None

Ooh, bummer an unhandled error.

At what step specifically do you get this error? Is this as soon as you launch, in the middle of constructing the process, or when exactly? Also, what version of OS X are you running this on?

...In other news I've figured out how to subscribe to this forum, so hopefully no one else has to wait five days before I see their post.

cjduckk's picture

cjduckk

At what step specifically do

At what step specifically do you get this error?

I've been getting that error at the end of the process (of course). When iTunes pops up saying that a verification email has been sent, I attempt to add a new button press for "OK," and I receive the error noted above. And, of course, when I try to relaunch the Builder app, all my work to that point is lost. I've gone through the building process twice now with the same result.

Also worth noting, when choosing to reference a CSV for a text field (during the building process), the Builder asks for a text string to put in the field for testing, but it does't actually put the typed text in the field.

Eight_Quarter_Bit

Fixes

Ah. Yea, In all the processes I constructed I never had it click the OK button at the end of the process, since all it does is take you back to the iTunes page. I'll look into why it's erroring out on that button, but for now just don't add that as an action. It's not necessary.

Oh, and good catch on the test string. I probably broke that when I switched from using "set value" on text fields to "keystroke", since some text fields didn't realize they were being set directly. I'll fix it.

pbplaya87's picture

pbplaya87

I'm also working with Swimmer10101

We are getting this popup error when attempting to get the builder to click on the free button when on the iBooks screen. Screen Shot 2013-05-03 at 1.50.52 PM.png

If we click anything but Dialog Box Button (special) it gives us this error.

Eight_Quarter_Bit

additional details

Hmmm... that's very odd.

What version of iTunes and OS X are you using? Are you using the US store or somewhere else?

pbplaya87's picture

pbplaya87

Details

I am running OSX 10.8.2 and iTunes version 11.0.2. I am also using the US store.

Eight_Quarter_Bit

Huh, well that's what I built

Huh, well that's what I built the script against and tested it the most on. It sounds like it's having trouble enumerating the UI elements in iTunes. Did did you get a prompt from the system about the script attempting to unlock the Accessibility preference pane, per chance?

If you use the default kickstart instead of building your own, can the script interact with the UI elements then? Does this only happen when building your own kickstart?

pbplaya87's picture

pbplaya87

I don't get any prompts

I don't get any prompts regarding accessibility. I have enable access for assistive devices checked. Also I am using the default kickstart. It would seem as if it just cant see the elements in iTunes. If I manually click free and then get the popup to create an ID it is able to see the elements in the popup.

pbplaya87's picture

pbplaya87

Figured it out

I was getting this error when I had the side toolbar loaded so iTunes looked the way it did in version 10 since I usually have around 20 devices connected

Eight_Quarter_Bit

AHHHH! That explains it! Yea,

AHHHH! That explains it!

Yea, I didn't even think to check for that (and, frankly, had forgotten that such an option existed.) That view mode must change the root UI group. The script was looking in the wrong place for UI elements.

Well, I was planning on adding an automatic root group locator at some point anyway... I guess I'll bump that up a bit in priority.

tmaeda's picture

tmaeda

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this tool together. Overall it's been a time saver, with only the occasional glitch (probably more to do with the internet connection then the script)

Taigi

Taigi Maeda

School District 38 (Richmond)