Push iOS updtates

Rosquillas's picture

Rosquillas

Your rating: None (2 votes)

Hello, do you know if it is possible to force of push iOS updates into iOS devices without user intervention? Provided they are in supervised mode.

jpref's picture

jpref

Not that i have seen

Your rating: None

i have never seen a force ios upgrade option to any apple products as of yet. There are some MDMs that provide compliance checks that remind users to update , and you can also block access through your network appliance or exchange or anything internet facing coming in. Apple has always been the stance so far that users are the control of the device.

Rosquillas's picture

Rosquillas

Thank you j. An mdm provider

Thank you j. An mdm provider tells me its possible for DEP enrolled devices, anyone can confirm?
Best,
Jordi

jpref's picture

jpref

Info on DEP

https://www.apple.com/business/docs/iOS_Enterprise_Deployment_Overview.pdf

it says you can, MDM does have to support it , ive yet to see it in our MDM. Its a feature that is in ios9 apparently going forward.

iPhones can be DEP enrolled at the provider level, for a fee, typically 20$ for device. iPads can be DEP on site or right from Apple.

Elizabeth Hale's picture

Elizabeth Hale

Silent app install is possible

Your rating: None (1 vote)

It is possible to push apps silently to a supervised iPad.
For pushing store apps without intervention, the user have to be logged in to the iTunes store and there will not be any prompts for installing the app.
The silent app install is a feature only applicable for Supervised devices.
Please check out this blog for more details How to install app silently?