Pushing Corporate Forms to an iPad

WeBore4U's picture

WeBore4U

No votes yet

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum, but hoping that someone on here can give me some guidance.

I have about Foreman that are in the field with Toughbooks. They only use them for email and filling in forms (Adobe and Excel). I would like to implement Company owned iPads to replace the Toughbooks.

I need them to be able to store the blank forms on the iPad, open them up, fill out the various forms and email them back to the office.

Currently on the Toughbooks I have a VB menu that they can select the form, manual, etc and open them. The forms then have VB or JavaScript that attaches them to an email and sends to the correct accounts in the office.

I want to mirror that on the iPad and I am at a loss.

I have looked at Airwatch, NotifyMDM, DropBox, CloudOn, Apple Configurator, etc. and not sure what combination of apps will get me in the correct direction.

Any ideas???

Enterprisegk's picture

Enterprisegk

I use an app called PDF

Your rating: None

I use an app called PDF Expert. The company is Readdle and they provide a storage account, which they made a "Read-only" section. I upload my companies forms, and then install the app on all company issued iPads. I set up the read-only storage account, and each employee always has access to the blank forms. They can edit the forms and email them from within the app. Of course, this works best with fillable PDFs.

brlx's picture

brlx

Mobilengine

Check out mobilengine. It's a hosted service, and does exactly what you need.

mdkillian's picture

mdkillian

Airwatch Content Locker

A few updates ago Airwatch added a new App called Content Locker that lets you upload forms and documents to the Airwatch console. They then can be pushed or retrieved via the app, similar to Dropbox. An Airwatch Username and Password is required to retrieve them. I have not used beyond testing at this point, but seems promising.

WeBore4U's picture

WeBore4U

Thanks for all the

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I will check out products and see how it goes. I spoke with Airwatch abou the Content Locker and it looked promising, but then they told me that you could not email a form from the locker.

Again, Thanks!

mdkillian's picture

mdkillian

It seems I saw somewhere that

It seems I saw somewhere that feature was anticipated with a future iOS release, but I don't recall where I saw that.

tateconcepts's picture

tateconcepts

You could also use Microsoft

You could also use Microsoft SharePoint services (which is free and if you have access to a server OS) and InfoPath. I have used this before and it ensures that if one has the problem - everyone has the problem or there is an ID10T user error involved. Personally and professionally, I'd never let an end user keep any data on any mobile device that I cannot secure. I personally have been able to walk away with tons of data from a previous employer and start my own consulting practice that is still paying off even after the sale of the business a year ago.

CYA on anything mobile.

tateconcepts's picture

tateconcepts

Oh and you probably asked -

Oh and you probably asked - how do I access SharePoint correctly on an iPad? Good news is, Apple and Microsoft work together more than you think. Microsoft considers Safari a secondary but supported browser - so some content can be natively accessed via Safari. If you need full SharePoint access - just use the free and popular SharePlus app along with a decent VPN or cloud-based solution. Office365 is hosted by Microsoft and is a hard bargain to pass up for hosted Exchange and SharePoint with Lync Conferencing (there's an app for that!). Enterprise IT hates Office365 as I think IT staff are constantly worried of working themselves out of a job for $6 per month per user.

On your PDF solution - convert those darn PDF's to something than can populate from other data sources. Nothing like filling out the same data on the same form over and over...

WeBore4U's picture

WeBore4U

Thank you all for the ideas!

Thank you all for the ideas!