Renaming iTunes

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

No votes yet

OK, IT departments don't like iTunes. So let's rename it. I suggest "xHub PRO". What are your ideas?

ChadLawson's picture

ChadLawson

My candidates: iHub iOS

Your rating: None

My candidates:

• iHub
  • iOS Manager
  • iOS Assistant
  • Mobile Manager
MC_AirWatch's picture

MC_AirWatch

hopefully less necessary at the enterprise desktop soon

Hopefully with iOS 5 and the removal of iTunes as a necessary component for device activation and iOS updates, the enterprise can remove their required support of iTunes at the enterprise desktop.

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

Does AirWatch have plans to

Does AirWatch have plans to support PC-Free deployments?

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO

MC_AirWatch's picture

MC_AirWatch

RE: Does AirWatch have plans to

Aaron Freimark wrote:

Does AirWatch have plans to support PC-Free deployments?

Insert apology for MDM Platform name drop here...

I can't comment on behalf of the company here as I truly don't know. My hope if that when iOS 5 releases there is yet another row in your MDM Vendor Comparison Matrix but who knows, right?

My previous comment was that Apple publicly announced they are dropping the requirement for iTunes for activation requirements and the hints of iOS updates over the air. My hope was PC-Free deployments could be a reality for the enterprise. Right now enterprise IT have to come up with an iTunes support strategy for the enterprise desktop which typically includes following the iOS Enterprise Deployment Guide page 57 - http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/Enterprise_Deployment_Guide.pdf . They provide you a bunch of switches and registry keys to take essentially take all the fun out of iTunes and make it for activation, iOS updates, and in house applications.