Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

No votes yet

body

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

The "status" column doesn't

Your rating: None

The "status" column doesn't do anything yet. Except to remind us to add this feature to the script!

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO

thomrburg's picture

thomrburg

Settings Status Error

Getting an error after the 3rd account is created:

Can’t set item 2 of {""} to "Created".

Any ideas?

--
Thomas Burgess
@thomrburg | www.thomrburg.tk

Mitch Boston's picture

Mitch Boston

Settings Status Error

I also cannot get the script to run past the second account on my CSV. It errors out as...

Can't set item 2 of {""} to "Created"

Eight_Quarter_Bit's picture

Eight_Quarter_Bit

Source CSV formatting

Check your source CSV file for a trailing comma, or an inconstant number of columns (commas) per row. It's easier if you open your CSV file in a text editor instead of a spreadsheet application to verify those sorts of things.

I'm also remembering that the script may have trouble with multi-word names in a field.

I encountered those little niggles while writing the script, and had honestly forgotten about them. If I had planned on releasing this script publicly from the beginning I would have fixed that, instead of just editing my source CSVs. Ah, the shortcuts you take when you think you are the only one who will ever run the code.

bwbos's picture

bwbos

Space

Check for space's or empty new lines /row.

Mitch Boston's picture

Mitch Boston

Sorry

Sorry, none of these suggestions seem to be the problem. The CSV seems properly formatted. I wish I could troubleshoot this myself, but I have to admit pure ignorance here.

bwbos's picture

bwbos

Status collum

Can you explain how to use the 'status' column in the csv file?

jeborie's picture

jeborie

error in the AS

Hello from France,

I have this problem in the applescript running...

error "Erreur dans System Events : Il est impossible d’obtenir scroll area 3 of window 1 of application process \"iTunes\". Index non valable." number -1719 from scroll area 3 of window 1 of application process "iTunes"

can you tell me what can i do?

It seems that i have a wrong value of the index...

Thank's a lot in advance..

Best regards,

Jeb

scornn's picture

scornn

thanks

I also got "error "Can’t get item 1 of {}." number -1728 from item 1 of {}"
it was a extra return after the last line of the csv
every time I save the CSV in libreoffice I then need to open the file in txtedit and delete the return and save

also the script says it needs itunes 10.7 yet it gives an warning when you have 10.7
if I find time i will try to fix these 2 bugs

esarnes's picture

esarnes

help

Hi

Hello from Europe!
This script is great! Apple should buy this solution for enterprise! Smile
I am playing with it, with itunes 10.7 (64)
On US store it is working, but I have troubles when I have switched to Poland. In poland i need to create more then 500 apple ID accounts.
I changed the ibooks link to Poland store and also on itunes i switch to poland, but I have trouble with executing script.

It opens ibooks PL and start to create apple id, but it stops on first page to continue and accept terms and conditions

It stops on this step:

et UI element 2 of UI element 1 of scroll area 3 of window 1 of application process "iTunes"
--> UI element "Witamy w sklepie iTunes Store" of UI element 1 of scroll area 3 of window "iTunes" of application process "iTunes"
get properties of UI element "Witamy w sklepie iTunes Store" of UI element 1 of scroll area 3 of window "iTunes" of application process "iTunes"
--> {minimum value:missing value, orientation:missing value, position:{339, 134}, class:UI element, role description:"heading", accessibility description:"", focused:false, title:"Witamy w sklepie iTunes Store", size:{909, 25}, value:1, help:"", enabled:true, maximum value:missing value, role:"AXHeading", entire contents:{}, subrole:missing value, selected:false, name:"Witamy w sklepie iTunes Store", description:""}

What do I need to change to get this working also on other country stores? Thank you for your help!