Updated version of the Apple ID-creating Script

usher.br's picture

usher.br

Your rating: None (4 votes)

I have updated the script to work with versions 11.2.2 and 11.3

You can find the updated version here: https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript

I have tested the creation process with the updated version while creating ~3,000 IDs and I only ran into one issue I couldn't fix, which is as follows:

• Sometimes AppleScript won't be able to find the iTunes window, so it breaks. To fix this, just edit the spreadsheet to remove the IDs it has already created and run the script again.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I can try to help you out Smile

coronado's picture

coronado

Re: Hi all, We need to create

Your rating: None

Hi again!

I took a further look at the web site.

The person to contact is torbjorn.jonsson@atea.se . He is responsible for the Apple business at Atea. I also found another address, apple@atea.se , for information about services regarding OS X and iOS.

pwldp's picture

pwldp

Hi all, We need to create

shiva wrote:

Hi all,

We need to create 1000-1500 apple IDs here in the UK, but can't get the scripts to work. Has anyone managed for the UK and can share script, or does anyone offer a service creating the IDs for others?

Contact me on priv: pwldp@outlook.com
I can help you remotely.

tyreun's picture

tyreun

batch to verify apple ids

Hi,

As many among you, I am looking for a solution to automate the verification of apple ids. (when the deployment isn't one to one). Johnyn has posted a script to do this :
link
I think it's a good way to do this but help is needed to debug the script.

Cheers

pwldp's picture

pwldp

batch to verify apple ids

tyreun wrote:

Hi,

As many among you, I am looking for a solution to automate the verification of apple ids. (when the deployment isn't one to one). Johnyn has posted a script to do this :
link
I think it's a good way to do this but help is needed to debug the script.

Cheers

I have the script for this task, but it is commercial.
If you are interested in, please contact on priv: pwldp@outlook.com

pwldp
tyreun's picture

tyreun

Thank you but I can't buy

Thank you but I can't buy your script. I work for an administration for education and I have no budget for this (only ideas barter) and no credit card.

HenryOzsoy's picture

HenryOzsoy

Script breaks in AUS

Hi Brandon,

I'm running OS X 10.9.5 with iTunes 11.3. I edited the script to property iTunesCountryCode : "AUS" do I so need to change the link for ibooks to au rather then us? Rather then this, the script seems to break when running the dry run at the point of the DayofBirth and MonthOfBirth. The scripts indicates it can't find the relevant information and then prompts if I would like to manually correct it. After manually correcting these two fields it then breaks in the City, State, Zip code, Area Code and phone number fields and complies the same prompts as I mentioned before. Other then this the scripts runs fine. Is this something to do with the location being Australia? From what I can understand I think the CSV flied order doesn't match the field order in iTunes Australia, but this is just a guess. Any ideas in what I'm doing wrong?

Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego...

Poline's picture

Thanks for quick answers! I

Thanks for quick answers! I had several bugs described above, but thanks to your comments I have fixed it.

usher.br's picture

usher.br

@HenryOzsoy

At the moment there is nothing added to the script for AUS localization. The only reason I could think of the script failing there is because the fields are named different. I know the fields in the CSV may not match the fields in iTunes, but that order doesn't matter, it's more of the order iTunes shows the items and what order the script tries to fill them.

HenryOzsoy's picture

HenryOzsoy

@usher.br

Any suggestions on how I could find out the correct field names for AUS iTunes so I could change this within the script and CSV file?

DavidR's picture

DavidR

Running in South Africa - Yosemite and iTunes 12.0.1

Good day,
I am trying to use Batch Apple ID Creator in South Africa, using Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and iTunes 12.0.1.26.
Running the script brings up the system preferences allows the scripteditor.app to be added to the allowed apps in Privacy settings - the new location for allowing to control a UI.
I created a .csv file - the localisation would be for the state field, I assume - I am not sure if that will work in South Africa.
I could not find the property itunescountry code mentioned above. Do I need to add this as line to the script?

I changed the
property ibooksLinkLocation : "itms://itunes.apple.com/za/app/ibooks/id364709193?mt=8"
When running it I got this error:
Script Error:
System Events got an error: Can’t get splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes". Invalid index.
This is the line of the script that threw the error:
set elementCount to count every UI element of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes"
Is this because the new version of iTunes has broken the script?

Any ideas?
DavidR

DavidR's picture

DavidR

Changed error message

Using Yosemite 10.10, iTunes 12.01.26

Leetreet wrote:
The current error I am experiencing is: "System Events got an error: Can't get splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes". invalid index." The result from AppleScript was: "Invalid index." number -1719 from splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes""

This is the specific error I was unable to "code out" and is the one that just requires closing iTunes and starting the script again with a modified CSV.

I have only one row in my CSV file -I am doing a dry run.
This is the error I am getting now:
error "System Events got an error: Can’t get window 1 of application process \"iTunes\". Invalid index." number -1719 from window 1 of application process "iTunes"

HenryOzsoy's picture

HenryOzsoy

@DavidR

HI David,

The to fix the mentioned error above modify your script by doing a search for:

of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1

and replaced all occurrences which will be 6 with:

of splitter group 1

ltomsha's picture

ltomsha

Apple ID Script 11.4 version suddenly getting error

Hi,
First off thanks for putting your time and effort into this script. It is a great resource. My script has worked for a few weeks now, however I just started getting an error and my version hasn't changed. I got this error on two Macbooks with iTunes v. 11.4

"Unable to verify that iTunes is open at the first page of the Apple ID creation process."
It appears on the "Welcome to iTunes" screen where it asks to "Continue"

Any suggestions?

zerocool's picture

zerocool

Previously fixed error

I am still getting:
error "System Events got an error: Can’t get UI element \"iBooks\" of group 1 of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process \"iTunes\"." number -1728 from UI element "iBooks" of group 1 of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes"

I have OSX 10.8.4, Itunes 11.2.2
I have the status and side bar showing
I have reset itunes.

Is there anything else I could try?

I saw there were a few other people with this problem earlier in this thread but I've tried the fixes posted after.

Thanks.

ccochran's picture

ccochran

Script runs without error, but fails to create id.

I am back at this after a couple months away. I have Mavericks 10.9.5 and iTunes 11.3.

I can run the "dry run" and everything seems to work ok as far a filling in the necessary fields. When I go to live run and create the apple ids, the script processes as if it is working normally. It goes through each line of the csv and proceeds to the next account to create. What I noticed was I wasn't getting any emails for verification. After going back and checking, it seems that itunes is not progressing past the screen where you select billing etc. The "none" button is not staying "highlighted" per se. If I step through it manually it gives me an error that says to contact apple.

Has anyone seen this error? I thought about upgrading to iTunes 12, but I didn't know if that would break other things.

jbourdon's picture

jbourdon

"Get" vs "Free" change issues?

We were doing alright until a few days ago. Anyone been having issues? Can't get passed the iBooks page. I'm wondering if it has to do with the "Free" to "Get" change?

jp_LubbockISD's picture

jp_LubbockISD

Free vs Get

I had the same thing happen to me. It gets stuck on the iBooks page because it's now labelled as "Get." I went through the steps of building the script again, and it resolved the issue for me.

biz's picture

biz

Free vs Get

I can't get the script to work since the change to Get either... I've been playing around with "supportedFreeButtonDescriptions" and "freeButton", but not had any luck. Can someone please give me a hint?

biz's picture

biz

"$0.00 Get, iBooks"

Ah never mind, just got it. I simply replaced the word "free" with "get" in supportedFreeButtonDescriptions

property supportedFreeButtonDescriptions : {"$0.00 Get, iBooks", "0,00 € Get, iBooks", "Get, iBooks", "£0.00 Get, iBooks"}

Paradoxx's picture

Paradoxx

Im stuck with the same FREE -

Im stuck with the same FREE - GET label change. I dont want to go thru the steps again to make a new script.

I`ve been looking for the spesific script to change the property supportedFreeButtonDescriptions values. But its no where to be found.
I have checked the "main.scpt" in the created automation script, but there is no "property supportedFreeButtonDescriptions" there. Can you post the script name and the location of the script?

biz's picture

biz

Free -> Get

I'm using usher.br's "Enterprise iOS Apple ID Creator.applescript" linked to at the top of this page. If you use the applescript in the Canada folder then the line to edit is:

if description of freeButton is "$0.00 Free, iBooks" then

grafix_d's picture

grafix_d

Help with .CSV file

Hello, I feel so dumb, as this should be easy I figured, I am getting stuck right at the CSV file creation, I have all the info filled out on the worksheet, save as .csv file, but when I try to open the file in the script I get this error...

Data row parsing error. Remove empty or invalid row at line: 15

I deleted all empty rows, and been trying to figure this out for hours...please help. Using Excel in windows and bringing the file over to Mac when created.

pwldp's picture

pwldp

Help with .CSV file

Hi grafix_d,

open your csv file in your favourite text editor (ex. vi) and go to the last character of the file (http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-unix-linux-vi-vim-jump-to-end-of-file/). I suppose cursor is at the end of empty line. Remove it by pressing backspace.
It was an empty line in csv file.

Good luck.

almennn's picture

almennn

Help with Sweden localization

Hi everyone,

Great thread, thanks for the help so far.

I ran in to an issue with accepting terms and conditions in the swedish store.

Error:

"error System Events got an error: Can’t get UI element \"Terms and Conditions and Apple Privacy Policy\" of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process \"iTunes\"." number -1728 from UI element "Terms and Conditions and Apple Privacy Policy" of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes"

Anyone have an idea to a solution?

Cheers,
Tobias

benhuckle's picture

benhuckle

Hi Peter, I've just forked

Hi Peter,

I've just forked the script and added UK support. Only tested on iTunes 12.0.1 and OS X 10.10.1. Have a go and let me know if it works for you.

https://github.com/sqr-peg/Apple-ID-AppleScript

Ben

Ben Goulding-Huckle
Onefruit Charge & Sync Solutions
www.onefruit.co

vaio395's picture

vaio395

Security questions

Ive managed to get everything working except security question 2 and 3? I cant see any difference between them... please help!!!!

It seems to pass the questions i set it to. it scrolls through 4 questions on the pop up button.
If i manually fix it, I can continue running the script.

Please help, I honestly cant find any problems in the script itself!!!

Thanks

Craig

koehln@gmail.com's picture

koehln@gmail.com

Free Button Changed to Get- Have to manually select Get each tim

HI all,

Used the script for the first time today with Mavericks and iTunes 11.4. I ran into one problem. When the script opens itunes and gets to to ibooks page, iTunes changed the word found from Free to Get. I tried adding the word in this string.

--Supported descriptions of iTunes free button
property supportedFreeButtonDescriptions : {"$0.00 Free, iBooks", "0,00 € Free, iBooks, Get"}

With no luck. Still stopped the script. I had to review error and manually select Get and start script again. Not a big deal kinda got old quickly.

Anyone know how to get past this step? I have hundreds more accounts to create for a school district.

Also, for the first security question I choose last name of favorite teacher. The script tried but could not find that in the list. Once I changed the first question another question it worked fine. Apple might have added another question to that first security question list that will not let the script advanced to the last choice.

Thanks,

N. Koehler

bahador's picture

bahador

apple.com/itunes/support/ww.

Your rating: None (1 vote)

Hi every body..
Please help me, i am in bad situation, i expend several day for making apple id with this script.
this script is wonderful .
i exactly don't know why apple show me this error in last step for each account "apple.com/itunes/support/ww."
i tired a thousand way to make it true..
i can make two account after that i see that error .. i have talk to some my friend that they said ... apple changed their security for making apple account. i have test it from Finland, Dubi, and ...
so i just want to know, can you make apple id easily and you don't have any problem with that ?
if you can . HOW?

I am waiting for your response ... thank you.

coronado's picture

coronado

Whitelist

Most probably; your domain is not whitelisted.

If it is whitelisted (you are told so by Apple), it is still probably NOT so. Sometimes the anti fraud department i US blacklists domains without any further notice, even if Apple in Europe can se in their systems that the domain should be whitelisted.

Maestro72x's picture

Maestro72x

How to get whitelisted?

What is the process to get whitelisted? I called apple support and the guy thought it was a racist joke... jk but seriously didnt even know what it was

azzie61's picture

azzie61

Take Pity on poor middle school tech employee?

Hello you smart people. I'm tasked with making a few hundred apple IDs. Last year, I got this script to work (and if it took me twice as long than making the IDs manually, I don't care! It's slick! I love it!)

I have read all that I can and see that there are many wonderful revisions to the app. So to anticipate these great new things, I upgraded yesterday to Yosemite.

Here's the rub: I have no idea how to turn the glorious Universal Yosemite script that I downloaded into an app. I don't know how to turn the comments into--uh--parameters? Or put in my US codes wherever in that maze they need to go.

Does anyone have the app with the US codes in a dmg format? What great magic as at work here??

Thanks!
Humbly,
Andrea

azzie61's picture

azzie61

Take Pity on poor middle school tech employee?

Hello you smart people. I'm tasked with making a few hundred apple IDs. Last year, I got this script to work (and if it took me twice as long than making the IDs manually, I don't care! It's slick! I love it!)

I have read all that I can and see that there are many wonderful revisions to the app. So to anticipate these great new things, I upgraded yesterday to Yosemite.

Here's the rub: I have no idea how to turn the glorious Universal Yosemite script that I downloaded into an app. I don't know how to turn the comments into--uh--parameters? Or put in my US codes wherever in that maze they need to go.

Does anyone have the app with the US codes in a dmg format? What great magic as at work here??

Thanks!
Humbly,
Andrea

Haxim's picture

Haxim

Press "OK" on "Verify your Apple ID"

Script currently makes the ID's great, but for some reason it doesn't want to press OK on the "Verify Your Apple ID" screen after making the account in order to start generating the next account (if I manually intervene here it works fine). Anyone have a fix for that?

cryhavoc's picture

cryhavoc

Security Questions Not Selecting The Appropriate Selection

Hi There,

Thank you to everyone who has worked on or provided assistance to using the script.

The script had a loop setting of 5 when there are 6 fields in the security question popup, also the apostrophe in one of the security questions cannot be found, so it will select the last option. Or the 5th option if you didn't mod the script. What ' is it looking for in "children's book"?

andycidau's picture

andycidau

AUS Localisation

Hi there,

I have managed to get around the date of birth issues using this script with the AUS itunes store.
However, I have issues when it's filling out payment information, it puts the 'city' into the post code box, doesn't in put anything into the city box, and produces an error when trying to set the State dropdown.
Any ideas regarding what needs to be updated to make this part of the script work?

I have managed to fork Brandon's code and add AUS localisation to it. It can be located here:
https://github.com/andycidau/Apple-ID-AppleScript

Cheers, Andy

Konal's picture

Konal

Error 1728

Thank you for the script. I have been trying to execute it on iTunes 12.1.2.27 but it does not work. The problem is the same -1728. Can't get UI element \"ibooks\" of group 2 of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process \"itunes\". Did you get the answer on this problem? If not, can you please indicate the iTunes version with is adopted for the script. Thank you in advance!

andycidau's picture

andycidau

Hi Konal, I had the same

Hi Konal,

I tried with 12.1.2.27 and found the same issue, I think I have fixed it though.
Give it a go again.

Konal's picture

Konal

-1728 problem

Hi Andycidau,
Thank you for your answer. But I did not get the issue. What does it means "give it a go again"?

I use the last version of the script. And I think the problem is the regional preferences, because the script is trying to find something on the page iBooks.

Thank you and waiting for your reply.

usher.br's picture

usher.br

Sorry for my absence on here...

I have updated the script (as of 25 days ago) and just finished creating 300 AppleID's with the US locale.

You can download it here: https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript

@Konal: "give it a go again" simply stands for "try again". I also ran into this issue with someone else who emailed me personally for help. Turns out they were not using my script at all, so it was not working. Please be sure to download a fresh copy from the link above

Konal's picture

Konal

-1728 problem

I think the problem bellow related with the regional standards. I try to execute the script in France with Itunes 12.1.2. And it blocks me on the step with -1728 error. Can't get UI element \"ibooks\" of group 2 of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process \"itunes\".

Does anybody manage to execute this script in France?

Thank you in advance.

Juhis's picture

Juhis

iTunes 12.2

Not working with 12.2., not finding the "User Agreements"-thing.. Something UI-problem.. :/ Script crashes..

usher.br's picture

usher.br

iTunes 12.2 Issues

Thank you for reporting the issue @Juhis. There is currently a GitHub Issue tracker for 12.2 problems located here: https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript/issues/22

I'd like to keep the issue tracking on GitHub as it's easier to reply on as well as keeping everything in a central place. ex: Source Code, Issues etc.

Also, if you would like to contribute feel free to fork fix and make a pull request! I'm fairly new to GIT pull requests so I'll try my best to merge it over if you submit one

sstuart's picture

sstuart

Please pardon my ignorance. Need help with batch id creation

A big thank you to all who have worked on this. I have to create over 2000 apple id's and this script will help a bunch...This is where I'm ignorant and can use some help....

1. I am able to create one apple id using the script (awesome!). When I run it a second time, it creates the same apple id. It doesn't add the +1. I don't see where or how you fix this.

2. Where do you set the number of accounts to create?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sullins

sstuart's picture

sstuart

What am I doing wrong?

Brandon, thank you for your work on this. I have to create over 2000 apple id's and this script will help a bunch...This is where I'm ignorant and can use some help....

1. I am able to create one apple id using the script (awesome!). When I run it a second time, it creates the same apple id. It doesn't add the +1. I don't see where or how you fix this.

2. Where do you set the number of accounts to create?

Thanks,
Sullins

usher.br's picture

usher.br

Hi sstuart

You add a new line in the CSV for every account you want to create.

That is expected behavior if you re-run the script and it creates the same Apple ID again, because it starts over in the CSV. The way to get around that is to delete the records of the Apple ID's the script has already created, but that will only have to be done if an error is hit.

Other than that, just remember every line in the CSV represents an Apple ID to create

sstuart's picture

sstuart

Thanks!

Got it. Thank you very much.

jkrieg's picture

jkrieg

Using script to create German Apple IDs

Hello,

thanks for this script.
I have to create 50 Apple IDs but I'm running into trouble.
I'm located in Germany and when I'm running this script I get
the error message: 'Unable to locate and check box #2''I have read and agree to these terms and conditions.'
But in iTunes i see a checkbox with exactly this label.
Unfortunately I don't know Apple Script that good to fix this.

Thanks,
Joerg

BryceR's picture

BryceR

12.2.1 working?

Just wondering, has anyone tested this with 12.2.1 yet? I'm a little late to this process but have several hundred Apple IDs to create before IOS 9 goes live and had already updated iTunes to the latest version before I discovered this script. I've been trying to get this to work and I've been running into a series of errors, first with confirming the iBooks "GET" link (commented that out as mentioned in a previous post), then with "Unable to locate install app button by its description" (manually corrected by clicking on "GET" button, then clicked "Continue"), then "unable to locate checkbox #2" (again manually corrected), then fails out with the following error:

"System Events got an error: Can't get text field 1 of group 3 of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of window \"iTunes\" of application process \"iTunes\". Invalid index." number -1719 from text field 1 of group 3 of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of window "iTunes" of application process "iTunes"

Thanks for creating this and continuing to support it!

zerocool's picture

zerocool

Itunes 12.1.2 issues

Hi, I've never had an issue with iTunes 12.1.2 before and my script has always worked. However iTunes is now timing out at the end of the creation.

It seems it can't grab the "title" section at the end of the script and that makes the whole thing time out. Can anyone help with this at all? I'm totally lost here.

Thanks.

kepgnar's picture

kepgnar

security question error out incorrectly?

Just started using this version here: https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript

When i initially did my test run, I made the answers to all three questions the same. Well, that is not acceptable, and iTunes threw me the error that the answers couldn't match.

I then updated the csv to include different answers, and quit and re-opened iTunes before running again.

I'm having an issue now with the security questions, where it thinks that questions 2 and 3 were incorrectly input. However when reviewing the info, they are correct, all answers are different, and when following the directions to "manually correct", and then just clicking continue instead of changing anything, the script passes just fine.

The actual error is here:

error "System Events got an error: Can’t get UI element \"Provide a Payment Method\" of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process \"iTunes\"." number -1728 from UI element "Provide a Payment Method" of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes"

I tried combing through the script, but scripting is not one of my strong points.
Anybody have any thoughts on this?
Thanks for your time.