Updated version of the Apple ID-creating Script

usher.br's picture

usher.br

Your rating: None (4 votes)

I have updated the script to work with versions 11.2.2 and 11.3

You can find the updated version here: https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript

I have tested the creation process with the updated version while creating ~3,000 IDs and I only ran into one issue I couldn't fix, which is as follows:

• Sometimes AppleScript won't be able to find the iTunes window, so it breaks. To fix this, just edit the spreadsheet to remove the IDs it has already created and run the script again.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I can try to help you out Smile

kepgnar's picture

kepgnar

figured it out, all user

Your rating: None

figured it out, all user error.

I was mistakenly copying and pasting security questions from group 1 only into the spaces for questions 2 and 3...

duffjay's picture

duffjay

Re: How to get whitelisted?

Maestro72x wrote:

What is the process to get whitelisted? I called apple support and the guy thought it was a racist joke... jk but seriously didnt even know what it was

You need to talk to / email your Apple Systems Engineer.

janeitzey's picture

janeitzey

10.11 iTunes 12.3.0.44

It turns out a new a couple hundred more AppleIDs before Filewave drops v10 and I mistakenly upgraded my machine to 10.11.

The script breaks.

I managed to change all the "Create Apple ID" to "Create New Apple ID", but it looks like the script hangs up looking for an element.

"System Events got an error: Can’t get scroll area 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes". Invalid index."

on verifyPage(expectedElementString, expectedElementLocation, expectedElementCount, verificationTimeout, requiresGroup)
tell application "System Events"
--
repeat until description of scroll area 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes" is "Apple logo"
delay (masterDelay * processDelay)
end repeat

It highlights "Apple logo" when the script stops.

janeitzey's picture

janeitzey

I was able to figure out that

I was able to figure out that a verify has been changed. Below, static text 1 was changed to 4.

on ClickCreateNewAppleIDButton()
delay (masterDelay * processDelay)
if scriptAction is "Continue" then --This is to make sure an abort hasn't been thrown
--Verification text for window:
--get value of static text 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes" --should be equal to "Sign in to the iTunes Store"
tell application "System Events"
if value of static text 4 of window 1 of application process "iTunes" is "Sign in to the iTunes Store" then

On to the next bug.

janeitzey's picture

janeitzey

All of the group UI numbers

All of the group UI numbers have been changed in the registration form. I'll work on this and submit a completed script asap.

usher.br's picture

usher.br

Note to janeitzey

Thank you for doing that. Since OSX El Capitan is not yet released to the public, I will not change the script. Once El Capitan is in public release, I will check your script out and see if it works and merge depending on the results.

janeitzey's picture

janeitzey

Script is done

I have finished all the changes to the script and it successfully finishes a dry run. Most of the changes were group numbers and background UI structure. Let me know where you want me to email it and I'll happily send it to you.

usher.br's picture

usher.br

Sending Choices

If you could put it on GitHub and create a pull request, that'd be great. That way it will give you credit if I merge it.
I will take a look at it when OS X El Capitan comes out tomorrow, however I'm hoping to re-create the script to have separate files for each version it supports as per this suggestion on my GitHub repo: https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript/issues/26

janeitzey's picture

janeitzey

Git

I'm a first time Git user. I hope I did it correctly. You should see changes to "Create New AppleID" and a few group number changes.

somallef's picture

somallef

Update El Capitan

Hello,

Someone could help me make the script work on El Capitan , please?
We will deploy many Apple devices here and we need the Apple ID 's!

Thanks in advance

mrrybread's picture

mrrybread

Apple ID-creating script

usher.br wrote:

You can find the updated version here: https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript

I have tested the creation process with the updated version while creating ~3,000 IDs and I only ran into one issue I couldn't fix, which is as follows:

• Sometimes AppleScript won't be able to find the iTunes window, so it breaks. To fix this, just edit the spreadsheet to remove the IDs it has already created and run the script again.

Thanks so much for this. I am a noob so please excuse the question if it is dumb. Is there any way to modify this script to simply update or change existing Apple ID's that were already uploaded and created? I want to mass change our user passwords and would love to use a script like this to do so. Please let me know if that is possible.

Thanks again.

Mr.Bear's picture

Mr.Bear

OSX version to run for this script

Hi

What OSX version is best to use for running the latest script ??
https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript

Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El capitan ??

Thanks
MrBear

HenryOzsoy's picture

HenryOzsoy

Updated version of the Apple ID-creating Script

usher.br wrote:

Hi Brandon,

I had a look at your script and noticed it only supports USA, POL and CAN for countries. Is it possible to have the script compatible for AUS ?

I have tried modifying the iTunesCountryCode to "AUS" yet the fields did not match up during the Date of Birth and Address Stages.

Hope you can help...

Thanks.

Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego...

usher.br's picture

usher.br

Note to HenryOzsoy

Hi Henry,

AUS is not implemented into the script as a localization. Can you check if POL or CAN works for you please? It may be that I can just add AUS as an acceptable value

benhuckle's picture

benhuckle

iTunes 12 & UK

I hadn't updated my UK version of this script in a year so I thought I better. Enjoy

https://github.com/sqr-peg/Apple-ID-AppleScript

Ben Goulding-Huckle
Onefruit Charge & Sync Solutions
www.onefruit.co

kepgnar's picture

kepgnar

error message during creation - incorrect error?

Hola,

currently running the script on OS X 10.11.4, iTunes 12.3.2.35

Script is running mostly ok, but fails during the Security Question page, specifically AFTER filling in questions, answers, birthdate, etc correctly.

When the error occurs, the script throws the error "Unable to fill First Security Question" HOWEVER, all 3 questions and answers, rescue email, and date of birth DO fill in correctly.

The checkbox for "Announcements and recommendations...updates" is highlighted, leaving me to believe that box is somehow involved.

Otherwise, if I click review, manually correct, and just continue on without actually changing anything, it runs all the way through and will create Apple ID.

Anybody experience this also? It's quite annoying that it's working 95% of the way, and I'd like to not have to sit and click through those two boxes.

Thanks for reading this...

cgunawan's picture

cgunawan

stuck on iBook

I got stuck on iBook, is anyone can help? really appreciate, thanks

AppleScript Error:
System Events got an error: Can’t get UI element "iBooks" of group 2 of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes".

Running OS 10.9.5
iTunes 12.2

jkrieg's picture

jkrieg

Repo updated

cgunawan wrote:

I got stuck on iBook, is anyone can help? really appreciate, thanks

Brandon Usher has updated his repo some days ago, so that the script should run again fine now...
You'll find the URL to his repo in the first post of this thread

cgunawan wrote:

Running OS 10.9.5
iTunes 12.2

It may likely be that you have to update your system to the latest Versions of Mac OS X and iTunes...