Using MobileIron for push notifications in our Enterprise app?

chris.patterson's picture

chris.patterson

No votes yet

Hi all,

I am an iOS developer starting a new project for one of our Enterprise customers. The iOS app will need to get Apple push notifications to notify the users of an event. This project will also have a significant server-side admin web app of its own to schedule these events for users in separate groups.

My IT contact with the customer sent me the following question. I'm only generally familiar with MobileIron and its capabilities.

"We have installed Mobile Iron to support our field staff mobile devices. Will we be able to use it for the push notifications for this app?"

I suspect that the answer is NO, for the following reasons:

1. There is no REST or Javascript API that would allow our admin web app to schedule push notifications through MobileIron.
  2. The notifications would be received by the MobileIron MyPhone@Work app and not our own app and thus our app could not act on the notification.

Are my suspicions correct? Is it possible to leverage their investment in MobileIron in any way for this project other than for deployment?

Thanks in advance for any insights and information...

navneetkaur's picture

navneetkaur

Enterprise app

Your rating: None (1 vote)

yes your suspicions is correct. It is possible to leverage their investment in MobileIron in any way for this project other than for deployment.it is possible to manage of MDM