Welcome to the GroundControl Forum

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

Your rating: None (4 votes)

Many of you know that I recently launched a product called GroundControl. It was designed to fill some of the all-too-familiar gaps in setting up and deploying iOS devices at scale. You know, the gaps that require lots of manual tapping to complete. Supervision, WiFi setup, MDM enrollment, iOS updates ... and on and on. GroundControl automates all of that, with fewer screen taps, maybe even zero taps.

When I founded Enterprise iOS I wanted it to become a community for iOS administrators to be able to freely ask questions and receive honest answers from real experience. Those questions and shared experiences — shared frustrations really — gave birth to GroundControl. What better place to host our Q&A forum?

Please post questions and experiences here. We'll do our best to answer honestly.

Thank you.
Aaron Freimark
Founder & CTO, GroundControl

winkdtm's picture

winkdtm

Getting an invite?

Your rating: None

Hey Aaron,
I'm curios about how one would go about getting an invite to checkout the Launchpad.
I've been receiving GroundControl emails about updated and new features since fall of of last year and am really excited to try everything out.
Thanks

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

Happy to hear from you! I'll

Happy to hear from you! I'll reach out...

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO

ENickRyan's picture

ENickRyan

Sounds too good to be true!

Hello,
Ever since the day you announced this product, I have wanted to evaluate how it can help the setup workflow for the organization I work for. The primary reason I have not evaluated it is the fact that it sounds too good to be true. Would you be willing to describe (without giving away the secret to any would-be competitors, of course) how it works? Did Apple build "hooks" into iOS for a product like this to exist? Is this product spoofing an Apple Configurator and so you are simply using the same OS "calls" to accomplish a similar function (but way better)? Is Apple in partnership with GroundControl or might they perform a game changing update that could negatively impact how the product works.

I hope my questions don't come across too skeptical Smile. My desire is to be reassured that this product will NOT only benefit us at this moment, but also for years to come.

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

Not quite magic

Hi ENick. First of all, thanks for expressing your enthusiasm. We're doing no marketing so far, so this sort of word of mouth is very meaningful. You asked a lot of questions, and I'll try to answer them all.

How does it work? Well, as you guessed I can't reveal all. We invested a year writing the original code to make this work, and spent another six months porting the code to Windows. I'll say that we do depend on iTunes and its libraries for some of the device communication, meaning that it's "Apples to Apples" so to speak.

Is Apple partnering with us? Not formally.

Might an update break GroundControl? I suppose it could. But I suppose an update could break MDM, or any app for that matter. Apple could even conceivably break their own OS (cough iOS 8.0.1 cough). I believe the best thing a company can do is to aggressively test against beta releases,, and when there are challenges, be fully transparent and fix things quickly. For what it's worth, GroundControl is working very well with the current iOS 9 betas, both with DEP and without.

Is it too good to be true? Only if you don't try it! ENick, please sign up for an eval at groundctl.com. I hope we'll be chatting soon.

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO

dianawilliams's picture

Feel Happy to hear

Good Information. Thanks for Sharing. Really Its very helpful for users