What happened to iphone configuration utility?

tech-msg's picture

tech-msg

Your rating: None (2 votes)

Links are gone to IPCU and I can't find them on Apple's site or developer site. I see references to it still in some Apple documentation but no where to find the downloads. Did I miss a big announcement?

JMPATLANTA's picture

JMPATLANTA

IPCU is dead as of iOS 8

Your rating: None (3 votes)

As of iOS 8 IPCU can no longer communicate with Devices. Apple ceased development on the product. You must use a Mac with Xcode to view console logs and other methods. It was very unfortunate to see it go as the distributed nature of PC's over Mac's allowed many large organizations to grab device console logs much easier with IPCU if they didn't have a distributed Mac/OS X environment. Now that process is no more.

Deric Bolland's picture

Deric Bolland

Console Logs

Your rating: None (3 votes)

You can use http://lemonjar.com/iosconsole/ for viewing iOS console logs without the need to install/use xcode.

tech-msg's picture

tech-msg

Thank you- I assumed IOS 8

Your rating: None (1 vote)

Thank you- I assumed IOS 8 had something to do with it. I have IPCU on my mac at work so I'm good but was trying to help a colleague at another school and referred him to using IPCU. I'll send him the lemonjar link. Thanks- much appreciated!

mjsanders's picture

mjsanders

create profiles in Apple Configurator

Your rating: None (1 vote)

iCPU is no longer supported by Apple (since a long time)
The functionality of creating a profile (most settings like access to wifi , vpn etc) can be done in Apple Configurator.

vjkumran's picture

vjkumran

How to use this console? is

Your rating: None

How to use this console?
is it app?
Which i need install on my Mac?

Please help me out.

Deric Bolland's picture

Deric Bolland

iOS Console

Your rating: None (2 votes)

The iOS Console App can be downloaded from: http://lemonjar.com/iosconsole/.

Once downloaded, add it to your Applications folder on your Mac.

Launch the iOS Console Application and connect an iOS Device.

On the iOS device, you will have to Trust the Computer (if it has not already been trusted before).

Once Trusted, you may have to reconnect the iOS device to the computer and the logs should start to appear in the iOS Console app.