Where does Configurator 2 store iPad Backups

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
macxcool's picture

macxcool

No votes yet

In Configurator 1 I was able to find and copy Backups made with the software. Where does Configurator 2 store Backups and is it possible to do the same thing (share backups between Configurator 2 instances)?

ljf0021's picture

ljf0021

Menu bar under Actions -->

Your rating: None

Menu bar under Actions --> Restore from backup... provides a list of current backups from those migrated from ac1 or from iTunes. If you go down to backup and you can create a new backup of your device, but I did not see any way to delete them.

macxcool's picture

macxcool

I don't think they're single files anymore

Your rating: None

When I went looking, I found files in ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
There are more than a dozen files created under a folder with a 40-character name as well as a couple of plist files and an mbdb database file.
I don't know if this is reusable like it used to be.