iOS Calendar Issues

icanseeclearlynow's picture

icanseeclearlynow

No votes yet

I am new to this forum so I apologize if this is a repeat...

We have recorded multiple incidents of meetings dropping off of iOS calendars, but still appearing on the Outlook client. We have traced it to users with delegates that manage their calendar (some even manage their own) and more often than not, the meeting event is a recurring one that has been edited or moved in some way. We have instances of a single occurrence of a recurring meeting dropping off and the entire series. We have not been able to reproduce this issue with users that do not have delegates, that is unless the meeting invite they received comes from someone who does have a delegate.

Note: Exchange 2007 environment.

We have heard that one resolution could be disabling Cached Exchange Mode for the troubled users, but the loss of functionality has been determined to be unacceptable.

This is a sensitive issue because users that have delegates are often... senior management. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

One suggestion: submit a bug report?

Your rating: None

I've seen events disappear using Google Apps, which also uses ActiveSync. But it sounds like you've done more research into this than I have.

It can be difficult to feel that someone at Apple is listening. But one way that can be effective is to file a Bug Report. These reports are reviewed by internal development teams, and can affect change. It has worked for me.

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO

Aaron Freimark's picture

Aaron Freimark

Here is a possible fix:

Here is a possible fix: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2814617

--
Aaron Freimark, Enterprise iOS founder & GroundControl CEO

k6row's picture

k6row

Do you have Exchange 2007 Sp3 rollup 4

This microsoft article describes current issues relating Activesync

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2563324

To resolve the problem Microsoft suggest installing Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) update rollup 4 (RU4) and having iOS4.3 or later on devices