Batch Apple ID Creation Script

• strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/captcha/captcha.inc on line 61.
  • strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_user_name::init() should be compatible with views_handler_field_user::init(&$view, $data) in /var/sites/e/enterpriseios.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/contrib/views/modules/user/views_handler_field_user_name.inc on line 61.
HenryOzsoy's picture

HenryOzsoy

Your rating: None (1 vote)

Does anyone have a working Batch Apple ID Creation Script for Australia?

Any information, leads or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

DavidR's picture

DavidR

Batch Creator in South Africa - on Yosemite and iTunes 12

Your rating: None

Good day,
I am trying to use Batch Apple ID Creator in South Africa, using Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and iTunes 12.0.1.26.
Running the script brings up the system preferences allows the scripteditor.app to be added to the allowed apps in Privacy settings - the new location for allowing to control a UI.
I created a .csv file - the localisation would be for the state field, I assume - I am not sure if that will work in South Africa.
When running it I got this error:
Script Error:
System Events got an error: Can’t get splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes". Invalid index.
This is the line of the script that threw the error:
set elementCount to count every UI element of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 of application process "iTunes"
Is this because the new version of iTunes has broken the script?

Any ideas?
DavidR

HenryOzsoy's picture

HenryOzsoy

@DavidR

HenryOzsoy wrote:

HI David,

The to fix the mentioned error above modify your script by doing a search for:

of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1

and replaced all occurrences which will be 6 with:

of splitter group 1

Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego...

DavidR's picture

DavidR

Moving forward

Thank you Henry,
I ran the find and replace and it seems to have taken a step forward, but I am getting errors that it can't find the Sign In button. I manually went on and it seemed to cope, but when I had manually opened the Create Apple ID Details page, it still could not find the correct fields to enter data. Is this because I am using iTunes 12 or because there are differences with the South African App Store.
The error is:
System Events got an Error: Can't get text field "email@example.com" of group 2 of UI element 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of window "iTunes" of application process iTunes".

Line 1728

Thanks
DavidR

HenryOzsoy's picture

HenryOzsoy

@DavidR

I'm running across the same problem in Australia

Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego...

DavidR's picture

DavidR

@HenryOzsoy

I found an updated version of the script that is designed for Yosemite 10.10 and iTunes 12.0.1.
It has a localisation section where I changed the CountryCode to "ZA"
It opens iTunes (ZA version), finds the iBooks app but can't find the Free button on its own.
I pointed it out and the script continued to run filling in the email address, password, all three security questions correctly and the rescue email.
It then battled with the Date of birth and gave 12 December 1999 in place of 15 January 1999. Not a major issue as I am using adjusted dates of birth anyway.
The problem is that the script was not able to move on leaving the "Would you like to receive the following via email " check boxes unticked.
It cam e up with errors but using the continue button, I was able to proceed and I said yes to "Did everything fill in properly"
It was then looking for "state" which we don't have in the ZA address. but then placed the area code in the post code field.
I manually edited these and was able to continue and the Dry Run finished! Joy!
I will look at the script and see if I can localise it better for non USA users.
DavidR